LAUNCH PAD offers something unique to both nationally acclaimed playwrights and UC Santa Barbara students: the opportunity to work together and learn from each other.
"I don't know of any other new play workshop opportunity that gives the writer the experience of developing her play all the way through readings to rehearsal to full production... LAUNCH PAD created a nurturing and exciting environment that challenged my play to grow, while giving students the invaluable experience of helping to develop a new work."~ Enid Graham, playwright, What Martha Did
Whether on a fully produced new play in a Preview Production or as part of our Reading Series, playwrights see their work brought to life and can experiment with changes throughout the process. Adding faculty and guest artists to the mix, the creative collaboration is present through to the final performance, giving students the dyamic opportunity to work closely with professionals in the fields they study.
This program relies on the support of our friends and alumni. If you love exciting new works performed by talented, up-and-coming actors, we invite you to consider making a gift and joining the LAUNCH PAD family.
Especially in these unprecedented times, a gift of any size can make a difference. Thank you for your support.
WAYS TO GIVE...
For more information on making a gift, please contact Leslie Gray, Senior Director of Development, at (805) 893-4193, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please make your check payable to "UC Regents." On the memo section of the check, or in an enclosed letter, indicate that the gift is for LAUNCH PAD.
Office of Development
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-2013
To make your contribution now via our secure online giving website, click the "make a gift" button below. Please be sure to mention LAUNCH PAD in the comment box on the giving form!
It is with great sadness that we mourn the loss of our dear friend and passionate arts lover, Jan O'Dowd. Don and Jan O'Dowd have been devoted supporters and friends of the UCSB Theater and Dance Community for many, many years. We came to know Jan as a warm, generous, caring, loyal, and insightful person who we considered an important member of our LAUNCH PAD family. We are incredibly grateful to have known Jan and will miss her so very much.
"May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
(Photo: Risa Brainin with Jan and Don O'Dowd in front of the Studio Theater.)
LAUNCH PAD Supporters:
- Richard Auhll
- Jan and Don O’Dowd Performance Fund
- Arnhold Endowed Theater and Dance Production Fund*
- John and Jill Bishop
- The Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts, a field of interest fund of the Santa Barbara Foundation
- David Anderson
- Jeffrey and Alyssa Anderson
- Sylvia Arreola
- Jill and Arnie Bellowe
- Myrna H. Bernard (in honor of Mrs. Joan Marks birthday)
- Eve Bernstein
- Ms. Annelisa Blake-Wasden
- Constance S. Brainin
- Deborah Brevoort
- Cliff Chamberlain
- Mr. William and Mrs. Susan Clutton
- Yussef El Guindi
- Elizabeth Engelman
- Dr. Leonard M. and Jill H. Fromer
- Lisa Harris
- Janet Head and Dr. Amr El Abbadi
- Bonnie and Dick Jensen
- Robert "Gib" Johnson and Zoe Iverson
- Bob Johnson and Lisa Reich
- Scott Kassner and Linda Adler-Kassner
- Bill and Linda Kitchen
- Julie Ladner
- Barbara Lebow
- Margaret Leonard and Clare Sheils (in memory of Norman H. Brainin)
- Philip A. Levien and Darlene S. Craviotto-Levien
- Jason Loewith
- Brian and Karen MacDonald
- Dr. David Marshall and Dr. Candace Waid
- Myles Mattenson
- Maureen McFadden
- Meredith McMinn
- Emily Newsome
- Lucinda and Thurman Newsome
- Diane O'Dowd (in memory of Jan O'Dowd)
- Rylee O'Dowd (in memory of Jan O'Dowd, "a true trailblazer and lover of the arts. With lots of love this Christmas xoxo Rylee, Connor and Scott")
- Mrs. Paige Owens and Mr. James Owens ("From the Cherno and Owens families in memory of our friend Jan O'Dowd")
- Kim and Dean Pananides
- Doug and Alissa Parrish
- Owen and Barbara Patotzka
- Aurora Perry (in honor of James Still)
- Ms. Deborah Pfann
- Charles and Joanna Reisner
- Susan Rose
- Jean Scott
- Jeffry Sherbakoff
- Manuel Sherbakoff
- Jessie Sherman
- Shad Springer
- Dale and Greg Stamos
- William and Cheri Steinkellner
- Anne Towbes
- Steve and Joan Young
- UCSB Summer Culture and Community Grant
- Dean’s Office, UCSB College of Letters and Science, Division of Humanities and Fine Arts
*To learn more about the Arnhold Endowed Theater and Dance Production Fund please read this article from the UCSB Current.
Photo of "Three Dancing" by Lauren Mercier